Our web site www.littlewhitealice.co.uk contains the details of all our properties, with images of each property and the surrounding areas. It also has a location map.
Bookings and enquiries can be done on line through the website, or if you prefer, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +44 (0)1209 861000.
The nearest bus stop for local routes is located in Penmarth which is approximately half a mile away.
The nearest mainline train station is at Redruth which is approximately 5 miles away.
Although Little White Alice feels remote, there is a choice of several supermarkets within 15 minutes drive as well as a number of local farm shops. You can also arrange to have food delivery through Tesco’s or Sainsbury’s on-line shopping service. We provide welcome packs for our guests, which includes: fresh bread, milk, butter, tea, coffee, sugar, a local paper, flowers, cleaning agents, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets and a cleaning cloth.
Full directions and access details for the houses is sent to guests 2 weeks prior to arrival.
We have an office and studio on site that is generally open during the day from Monday to Friday.
We also have a selection of children’s travel cots, high chairs and stair gates, which can be pre-booked and set-up before arrival. Please note we do not provide bedding for the travel cots.
Access to the Studio is via a flight of external steps. Underneath the studio is the communal laundry, a WC, and storage for bikes, wet suits and surf boards. Access to all these areas is via a 735mm wide doors.
There is also an external hose, on the right side of the Studio building, for washing down beach gear etc.
A 1m wide gravel path leads through the celebration wood to our Wild Spa area. Full instructions on the use of our wood burning hot tub and sauna are in each property.
Arrival & Parking
The Alder House has one parking space each within a few metres of the entrance. Additional vehicles should use the car park. Other parking is in a car park less than 50m from the properties.
All properties have an entry light adjacent to the door. There is also discrete lighting around the car park, the Wild Spa and outside the Studio. In general, external lighting has been kept to the minimum in order to reduce light pollution. Each property is provided with a rechargeable torch which can be used to and from the car park if required.
The communal laundry has washing machines, tumble dryers and ironing facilities. All machines are free to use and washing powder is provided.
Guests are free to wander around our 29 acres. Ground conditions can be muddy and guests should stay on the designated path in the Nature Reserve in order to encourage wild life. Guests should not enter any fenced areas containing livestock.
General information about the houses and eco arks
- All living areas and bedrooms have oak floors with handmade woollen rugs
- All bathrooms in the houses have travertine floors and the shower rooms in the eco arks have cork floor
- All staircases have oak treads
- All living rooms are on the ground floors
- All duvets and pillows are premium feather. Non-allergic alternatives can be provided upon request.
- All internal doors are 735mm wide
- All bath heights are a maximum of 610mm.
- Kitchen worktops are all granite and are set at a standard height of 910mm
- All houses have free-view channel televisions, DVD players and iPod docking sound systems
- All kitchens have built in electric ovens and hob units
- Each house also has a built in multifunction microwave which can also be used as a conventional oven or grill
- All beds are deluxe pocket sprung – supplied by Millbrook, and are 630mm high in the houses and 800mm in the eco arks. Widths range from: Single 90cm, King size 150cm, and Zip & Link Super King 190cm
- Light switches are all set at standard height and can be reached from both seating and standing positions
- All properties and public areas within the Little White Alice complex are strictly non-smoking
- All entrance doors can be locked/unlocked from the inside and outside via a key
- Wi fi internet connectivity is free on site, and each property has an information pack with details of access codes
- All houses are heated by ground source under floor heating on the ground floor and the eco arks by electric heaters. Bathrooms also have a heated towel rail.
Houses and Eco Arks
The Ash House
The Ash House is accessed through a 1020mm wide entrance door with a 50mm threshold into the main living area. On this ground floor is an open plan kitchen, dining and living area. A dog leg oak and glass staircase leads up to the first floor where there is a double/twin bedroom with ensuite shower room, a further double bedroom and a bathroom with a shower over the bath.
The Alder House
The Alder House is accessed from a private parking space a few metres from the 1310mm wide double entrance door. It has a small 20mm threshold step into the main living area. On this ground floor is an open plan kitchen, dining and living area, a double/twin bedroom, and a wet room with level entry to a shower area.
The Eco Arks are accessed from the car park along a 1m wide grave path. The gates into the garden are 850mm wide. There are one or two steps up to the decking area and then a further step into the Ark. The entrance doors open to 1100mm. The eco arks have an open plan kitchen, living and sleeping area with a separate the shower room. The bunk bed is 1500mm long and 900mm wide and is accessed via the top of the kingsize bed up a small ladder. The kingsize beds have two steps if needed.